Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mykonos

So after an afternoon on ship, we arrived in Mykonos Friday around 6:30 pm.  Jared and I took our time and around 7:30 we got off and took the shuttle bus into town.

Here is the main “strip” if you will, of the townP1030061

And lots more pretty white buildings!!!P1030062

We got of the shuttle bus just as the sun was settingP1030063

P1030065

P1030066

And this is as far as my body made it into any sea water on the trip :)P1030076

It was a perfect night and again we just wandered around the streets, found some gelato, met up with Jason and Colleen, and shared a crepe.P1030083

Just before heading back to the ship we were finally able to call home and talk to the kids.  The kids were having a wonderful time with my amazing parents who spent the week with them.  And my wonderful sister helped us out the first 2 days we were gone.  Being on a cruise ship didn’t allow us to have much contact back home (in fact, this was the only time the entire trip we checked in).  I can’t tell you how nice it was to not worry ONCE about my kids.  I knew they were having a wonderful time and were well taken care of and loved while we were gone.  That alone is priceless!

***Are you all getting tired of my trip yet?!  To be honest, I kind of am :)  But I have to finish…3 wonderful days and 3 more incredible places visited.  Next up – Athens.

1 comment:

Steve and Julie said...

No, I am not getting tired of it!!! Living vicariously that's all. Looks like a heavenly week.