Thursday, May 19, 2011

Venice Day 1

We left Utah at 4:45 pm on Thursday and arrived in Venice on Friday afternoon, April 29th after a 10+ hour flight to Paris (on a crappy plane…ugh…) a quick layover, and then a short flight to Venice, Italy.  We walked a short way to where the water taxis were and off we went.  What a way to enter Venice! (I had to laugh because at the end of our trip after the cruise, it was back roads and buses to the airport!)

Jared on our first water taxiP1020807                                                   This picture totally made me laughP1020808…that’s our water taxi driver – texting on his phone while he drives.  I guess it’s not just a probably in the states (or on roads!)

Some pictures on our way to our hotel – our first sights of Venice…and we LOVED it!!!P1020815

P1020816

P1020818

P1020819

There are a LOT of boats in Venice.  And I was a-mazed at their driving skills!  Holy cow…I would NEVER drive a boat there.  The canals are narrow, there are boats everywhere, but these drivers can turn on a dime and not hit a thing

Our hotel – the Hilton Molino Stucky.  P1020821

Rooftop poolhome7

It was really nice, but really odd.  It was originally a factory, then a prison, and then a hotel.  It was made of 4 (?) buildings that were all connected, but only at certain spots.  So for instance, our room was on floor 4, but we could go up an elevator to floor 4, but not be able to get to our room if we didn’t get on the elevator in the right building.  That doesn’t make sense, I know.  Let’s just say I got lost a lot :)P1020822

Our first night in VeniceP1020825

2 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

I"m loving seeing your pictures and hearing about your awesome trip!

missliss5/Melissa said...

I"m loving seeing your pictures and hearing about your awesome trip!