Sometimes Mia is just too much. She had some pretty good one liners yesterday I wanted to get down before I forget...…
When our kids are old enough to know how they should act at church and are not acting appropriately they don’t get to go out in the hall. They get to go out to the car and sit in their seat/car seat with their seatbelt on. The putting the seatbelt on is the clincher. They hate it :) And just so everybody understands…we sit in the car with them. With the air on, if necessary…
So yesterday Mia was…well lets just say struggling* and Jared eventually took her out. It’s August, so yeah, it’s a little hot outside (it’s also only 9:30 am).
As they are getting close to the car, in a moment of fear (mixed mostly with defiance) she looked right at Jared and said, “If you leave me in the car I’ll DIE!”.
*Struggling yesterday included head butting her brother for no apparent reason!
Moving on to last night…
Jared and I were going to put the kids to bed and then head across the street to do some quick planning for an upcoming vacation with a neighbor (oh don’t you judge…you know you’ve ALL done it before, or at least thought about it!!!)
Jared headed on over and I told him I would wait about 10 mins for the kids to get settled. Gavin and Tessa were out in no time, and just as I’m thinking I’m good to go, Mia heads downstairs. Since she was awake I thought I should tell her where we would be.
Me: Mia, I have to go over to ____ house for a little bit, ok?
Mia: Well, is Daddy here?
Me: No, he is already over there.
Mia: (who by now is teary-eyed and her little lip is quivering away, says in the most shaky, but trying to be strong voice) Well mom, don’t you know that it’s against the law for there not to be a parent at home? Don’t you or dad have to be here?
Oh, my…BREAK MY HEART!!! I started laughing so hard, gave her the biggest hug and told her she was right and I would not be leaving.
No comments:
Post a Comment