I did the Gorilla Challenge with my sister-in-laws (Melissa, Alissa & Nicole) and we ran around downtown SLC looking for clues and having a blast! Our costumes were AWESOME (thanks to Alissa and Nicole for coming up with the idea and getting them all put together!). And guess what?! WE WON the costume portion! Wahoo!![]()
We took soooo many “jumping” pictures trying to get us all in the air at the same time, ha ha! This was our best one!
*The rest of this I just copied from Melissa’s blog…I love that she put all the clues down that we did…and I am waaay to lazy to do that! So thanks Melissa!
When it was time to start the told us a sheet with the first 6 (of 12) clues was at the corner gas station so we all took off running. We figured out a few of the clues and headed out. The first one we followed was:
Clue: The Park share the same name as the capital of Virginia. Find the Gorilla Challenge Staffer here and complete the activity.
Answer: Richmond Park (600 South and 500 East)
Nicole was blindfolded and Alissa and Jamie had to direct her how to put the puzzle together. Meanwhile I tried to work some more on the clues.
Next clue we followed:
Clue: With all the uproar in the media about radicals associated with this religion, many in the community have come out and denounced the actions of the few that are painting the face of the majority. This downtown prayer center allows anyone to come inside and learn more about what it truly is. Spring to this location, stand under the green sign and take a picture in a human pyramid.
Answer: An Islamic Mosque at 740 South 700 East.
And off we went in our hot jazzercise outfits running down the streets of SLC.
Next clue we followed:
Clue:The great one is located in Giza, but you can see a mini version of the mythical half human creature right here. Run to it and use it as part of your team's human pyramid.
Answer: Gilgal Garden (749 E. 500 S.)![]()
And we were desperately searching the little park trying to see if the 2nd clue sheet was hidden here. We were told it would be at one of the clue locations and were nervous since we hadn't found it yet!
Next clue we followed we had to unscramble letters that formed old tv show names and use some of those letters to get to the next stop...Sizzler!
We also saw one of the Gorilla Staff members in Gorilla costume and Alissa chased her down like a track champion and won a McDonald's gift card off of her! Woohoo!
At this point were were confused. And super worried that we missed the clue sheet at one of the other locations. So we back tracked to the Richmond park again (600 S and 500 E) to see if it was there. Unfortunately, it was not, but Alissa and i chased down a Gorilla again and this time got a Starbucks gift card!
Then we decided to go where we thought the other activity station was.
The clue was: This is an easy spot to stop and get a drink of H2O. We hear people travel from near and far to get this drinking water with numerous minerals originating back in the days of the pioneers.
We. Got. Lost. For over an hour. Jogging and jogging. Even just going from Richmond Park (600 South and 500 East) to City Creek Park (200 North and State Street) we got lost. We went way too far West. When we finally got to City Creek Park...no one was there. Brigham Young Historic Park... no one there. Memory Park was another possibility but ever FURTHER North. And all of a sudden we realized Memory park wasn't really even on the map they had given us. UGH! So we looked at the map and clues again.... intending to head to another park. And then we really thought and looked at the map and someone noticed Artisan Well Park. And we realize.... like morons that we'd focused way too heavily on the word pioneer and not enough on the clue that it was like a well where people still today actively get water. Guess where freaking Artisan Well Park was? 500 East 865 South. Right around the corner from Richmond Park.
I wanted to die of frustration and disappointment! GROAN!
Sooo, we jogged... painfully all the way to Artisan Well Park knowing we were headed to the right place and would not have enough time to finish the other clues. But we at least wanted to make it there and get the next clue sheet.
We made it alright....but the Gorilla Challenge Staffers were gone. No clue sheet for us. Boooooo!
So we headed back to the starting place for the end of the race announcement of the winners. Alissa was a woman of steel. There was ZERO giving up in that girl.
And we were smokin hot. Afterwards Nicole treated us all to lunch and we made plans to do it again next year. But this time to think more clearly on each of the clues so we won't make a crazy, exhausting mistake like this year.
*input Jamie – and I won’t be 5 1/2 months pregnant :)
It was so much fun! I LOVE doing stuff with these gals!
2 comments:
I wasn't sure what to think when I first saw these pics on FB last week! You are SOOOOOO brave! I am in awe! I am not that comfortable in my own skin to dress up!! I love that you are! What fun you must have had! I LOVE the costumes, and you did totally rock it!! Way to go!!
I'm so glad you posted about this, because I didn't get it when I saw it on FB, but I loved that you were dressed like this - who cares the reason. Congrats on winning the costume part. That is all that really matters. :) You look HOT!
Post a Comment