Friday, October 28, 2011

Carving Pumpkins

Last night we carved our pumpkins.  Gavin has been asking every day for about 2 weeks when we would carve our pumpkins.  Finally, we had a night to do it!P1040176

Tessa was happy as a clam – IF she had her pumpkin in hand.  I tell ya what, if I had to use one word to describe her right now, it might be possessive…but that’s a post in it’s own :)P1040174

The kids drew out their faces with markers, and then we helped them carve.P1040177

Trying to help Gavin with the mouth…but as you can see by the look on his face, I wasn’t doing it “right”.P1040180

And notice Tessa in the background…no pumpkin in hand, no happy baby!

All finishedP1040186

P1040187

P1040192

And she’s had enough…P1040195

Time to display the pumpkins on the front steps.P1040196

Yes, all our pumpkins are really small this year.  The kids each picked their own pumpkin (back in Albuquerque) and the only “rule” was they had to carry it themselves.  I had intentions of getting some bigger ones, but…well, ya.  Anywho, smaller pumpkins are sooo much easier and faster to carve!

And attempt to get a picture of mom and the kids.  Key word…attempt.P1040199

At least everyone is looking at the camera.  Well, almost…

At least I did my hair and makeup yesterday.  Oh wait…

At LEAST we actually got our pumpkins carved this year!

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

David and Jana said...

And you did a post about it. Way to go Jamie!! Love the pumpkins.

Kelly said...

So cute!

marissa said...

They turned out great! Do you have real candles in those pumpkins that Tessa is rolling around? :)

Juliann said...

Yes, at least you carved pumpkins! We didn't even carve the pumpkins we grew in our backyard...wasn't that the point?? :>) Tessa cracks me up.