Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving

We had a small, low-key Thanksgiving this year.  At first I thought I would hate it just being us, but it turned out great.  There was no stress, we had a “time” we wanted to eat, but it didn’t matter if it was off, and best of all, we had leftover pie for over a week!!!

We didn’t take very many pictures, but here are a few to remember Thanksgiving 2011…

The spread (minus the stuffing, which we forgot was left in the oven – turned off – until we were half way through our meal :) )P1040352

By the way, this is the first turkey I’ve ever cooked and it was Aah-mazing.  Seriously, perfect.  Beginner’s luck I’m sure!

P1040358

Carving the remainder of the turkeyP1040363

And finally time for pies.  Homemade apple and pumpkin.  YUM!P1040364

1 comment:

marissa said...

Those are some pretty pies! What was your secret for your turkey? The only time I ever did a turkey was when I was pregnant with Elizabeth and I threw up. Good job not throwing up! :)