We were very lucky this year and Jared’s sister and her husband got us a permit to go and cut down our own tree just past Heber.
We headed up on a Friday afternoon and the kids were soooo excited to play in the snow!![]()
And given the amount of snow we’ve gotten in the valley so far this year, these may be the only pics of kids playing in the snow this year!
We hiked around and found nothing. And I quickly realized that me (7 months pregnant) toting around 20 month Tessa…who couldn’t walk in her marshmallow outfit and boots 2 sizes too big…wasn’t going to work so well. After about 30 minutes we hiked back to the car and Jared decided the “grass was greener on the other side”. So I stayed with the kids and Jared crossed the road, hiked down a hill, crossed a river and hiked up a steep hill to find our tree. Once he went into the trees, I lost track of him. It seemed like forever, but about 30 mins later we saw him emerging and pulling a tree behind him! Hurray!!!![]()
Crossing back over the river with a tree in tow, he didn’t even try to avoid the water; he just walked right through. His shoes were FULL of water and his jeans were soaking wet! Crazy. But he found us a tree :) And pulled the dang thing all by himself!!!!![]()
Even though it was snowing and he was soaking wet, he was so hot he had taken his hat off!![]()
It didn’t look that tall to me, until we got it home and in the house! It is close to 17 feet tall!!!![]()
As you can see, that ladder wasn’t going to cut it! So how did we get the lights on and decorate it?!
Jared came up with a brilliant idea. We slid it onto a large piece of cardboard that we had and then slid the entire tree over to the loft so we could reach the top!![]()
Then onto step 2…slide the tree to the stairs to reach the mid section of the tree![]()
After the tree was lit, we slid it back to the loft to decorate the top, then to the stairs to decorate the middle and then finally we could move it back into place to finish it up!![]()
7 comments:
The prettiest, tallest tree - I love it! Loving your new house too!
Haha! And I thought our tree was hard!
It is gorgeous and I bet your house smells so great! I love it!
That is beautiful!
I am living vicariously through you. I was going to get a big tall tree this year. Sad.
We bought a Costco one and it's huge. I love it, but I love your tall skinny one more.
Also I love Jared pulling the tree. Hilarious.
That is probably the greatest Christmas tree story ever! I love it! Amazing that you can fit a 17 foot tree in your house. I can't wait to see it.
That's amazing! What a huge tree! And I'm loving the inside of your new house! It's so pretty with all the stone and woodwork!
Post a Comment