Obviously in need of some help. It didn't always look THAT bad, but we had decided we wanted to transition all the toys upstairs, and to get them all gathered from downstairs we just threw them all in a large box and then they stayed there...for a few months! YIKES! So we had talked about Jared building shelves there. Just some simple shelves on both sides and we could keep the tv on that ghetto stand and place it in the middle. Well, I came home about 2 weeks ago to find this being installed:Wow! Now I did say the change was good and bad. At first I really wasn't sure if I liked it or not because it was not at ALL what I had envisioned. However, it was apparently, what Jared had envisioned :) I still kind of think it looks more "officy" than I had wanted, but I can't complain. It's a HUGE, much needed improvement and as I'm starting to get things organized I am starting to really like it. The old tv will not go back, but eventually we'll get a flat panel and the kids dvd/vcr player will go back out there. (The sooner the better. The old tv is currently in our bedroom and last Sunday as Mia was watching a movie she sprayed a TON of perfume ALL over the bedroom - on/in everything! Our room still smells!)
The cupboards up top will have all our family games - board, card, whatever. The cupboard on the bottom left has more toys:And the drawers to the right are still mostly empty. The top one has puzzles, but I don't know what to do with the others. Any ideas? And I also still have LOTS of cupboard space up top that is available...hmm...so many options! I'm sure in another month I'll be wishing I had more space! Anyway, here's to project #1 getting done and THANK YOU JARED!!! Projects #2 & 3 involve a fence and refinishing an old hand-me-down swingset. I hope to have pictures of finished projects soon, but as they involve US actually doing all the work, it may be awhile :)
5 comments:
I love the shelves! How nice to be able to put things away and then close the door so nobody can see them. And the 18 month pics of Gavin are adorable!
I think it looks great!! I love the spring cleaning/organizing that is happening!! We are at it too!
How fun. I love these types of projects. Since you have extra space now, you could put some of the kids blankets in there too, in case they want to snuggle one while watching their movies.
Where did you get the cabinets? I'd love to do something like that in our basement. As for the cabinets, I would put treats for snacking on during movie time. You could even get a little microwave and have popcorn stashed up there. Mmmmm.
Great ideas - blankets and snacks!!! Erica, the cabinets were installed by a professional who designs them how you (OR your husband!) wants and then installs them.
Post a Comment