Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Salsa!

It all started with this:A LOT of tomatoes that were chopped up and frozen back in October...just waiting for me to use them :) So this weekend I decided to finally get around to trying my hand at salsa for the first time. Mind you, when I decided to do it, I was planning on Jared being around, but he went to Moab over the weekend, so I was left to do all the chopping myself (NOT FUN!)
Janalyn let me borrow this AWESOME pressure cooker - otherwise I'm not sure what I would have used to cook all that salsa!

Of course I don't think it tastes like my mom's, but I'd say it's pretty darn good. Now if anyone out there can tell me how to get the smell of onions OUT of my kitchen counter, that would be GREAT!

3 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! SO AWESOME! I want to come cook with you. And I'll bring a bag of chips.

Cut a lemon in half and rub it all over you counter. I don't actually have a clue if it would work, but it might help.

marissa said...

Yummy! Your carrot cake looks yummy too. I just made one for Elizabeth's birthday. A good homemade carrot cake is the best!

Christy said...

if you can at the cannery - no smell in your kitchen! :) I'm impressed! way to go!