Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Cooking Eggs

This morning I was taking some "me" time while the kids destroyed the house downstairs. There was no crying, loud bangs or crashes, so I just let them do their thing :) After a while Mia came back upstairs and when I asked her what she was doing she responded, "just cooking eggs." This got my attention and I quickly went downstairs to assess the damage! To my surprise, all I found were a few empty bowls lying around in the kitchen. Then I checked the fridge to see if there were any eggs missing and found this:
No, I do NOT put my eggs in plastic bags! She had taken the egg carton out (FULL of 18 eggs), and chosen 5 to be placed in a Ziploc, closed the Ziploc and returned everything to the fridge. What a nut! Honestly, my only thought was, "well, THAT could have ended bad!" Major disaster avoided - PHEW! At least....for now!

For lunch we decided to cook up those 5 eggs. Mia, WITH MY HELP, gladly got the eggs out (back in the carton now!) and placed them on a plate. Then I placed the plate on the counter, next to the stove (ok, just until now as I type this I totally thought Mia had put the plate on the counter. But it just occurred to me that there is NO WAY I would have let her carry a small plastic plate with NO edge on it and 5 eggs ANYWHERE, and then have her attempt to lift the plate up onto the counter! Ha, Ha!!! This was all MY fault!!!) You of course see where this is heading! I don't remember what I was doing, but out of the corner of my eye I saw Gavin reaching up and then SPLAT! 5 cracked eggs on the floor! Thankfully, as far as he was concerned, only his socks got yucky. But eggs are just a pain to clean up...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cothran Family said...

You love messes Jamie, just admit it.