Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

Talk about a CRAZY week! We've had multiple Easter hunts, my birthday, almost all the Utah Richards' girls (plus Dad) got together for a SUPER fun game night (we missed you, Nicole), Girl's Night Out with some ladies from the neighborhood (I was hoping to steal some pics from Brittney's blog - she's the only one who had a camera, but she hasn't posted yet...hint, hint...LOL!) the family party at Nicole's and then finally Easter! Phew! Oh, and Jared was gone for ALL of this (except my birthday!) I saw Jared for a total of 2 hours today and then he flew to Denver for a conference and will be gone until Thursday evening. I'm just slightly lacking sleep :) That may be all I do this weekend once he's home :)

Back to Easter. It was kind of non-traditional (for me, at least). But I'm very proud of myself for just letting it go and realizing that it really didn't matter. If you know me well, you will realize just how difficult that is for me to do! Thankfully my kids are young enough that they didn't care or know one way or the other and we had a really nice, low-key day, just the 3 of us!

Since we have 9 am church (which, we actually made it to pretty much on time AND made it through all of sacrament meeting w/no back-up support (aka - Daddy!) ) the Easter bunny didn't come to our house until we were at church. And when we got home, mom quickly got out of the car before the kids and made sure he had arrived :)
*Checking out the goods*

*The Easter Bunny brought a blue rubber ducky for Gavin and a pink one for Mia*

The Easter bunny also left behind a LOT of eggs for mom to hide after the kids had had enough time to go through their baskets AND eat lunch. I sent the kids upstairs and took about 3 minutes to hide the eggs (thank goodness I was only hiding for a 3 and 1 year old and didn't have to get tricky. The Easter bunny will have to resume hiding the eggs when the kids get older!)

*All done and happy as can be. It's kind of hard to tell in this pic, but Mia's basket is FULL while Gavin has about 4 eggs. Since Gavin didn't care and I just confiscated all the candy afterwards to be rationed out, I didn't worry about "equal" amounts. I'm sure that won't last much longer, but it sure was nice to not think about it this year!*
After naps (for the kids AND me) we had our Easter dinner which consisted of leftover ham and rolls from Saturday's party. All I had to do was make some potatoes and cut up a pineapple and warm up the rest! And although I typically love to go all out for holiday dinners (china, LOTS of food, fancy appetizers, etc.), I was totally content with our leftovers. I didn't even make a dessert!

2 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

I love holidays as an excuse to go big, too, but I will also say it was so much more relaxing not to this year. I hope Jared comes home soon! :)

Coombs Family said...

Cute pics of the kids. It seems like holidays are either uneventful or overwhelming. Why can't there be an in between? Glad you still enjoyed it.