We took the new (to us) boat out for it's big debut last night. We had a lot of fun. My kids are such water babies! They loved being on the boat and even swimming for a bit.
El capitan
I actually braved the "cold" and got in to try out my new wakeboard.
Jared said that when I let go of the rope Mia was extremely concerned about me being in the water and them going back to get me. What a sweetie. She was sooooo good all the entire time we were out. She did exactly what we asked and was our little flag holder and look out person. It's a good thing too, b/c I swear Gavin was going to go overboard like a million different times!
I probably didn't really need the wetsuit, but mentally it helped :)
Then the kids got in to swim with me. I don't do "cold" so I was surprised when they both jumped right in and were loving it! 
Then we pulled the kids out so Jared could take a run before it got too late. Gavin wasn't too happy about that!
The weather was nice, the water temp was actually not bad, but the water was terrible. Not that I'm so good that I'm choosy about the water, but it was pretty bad. Jared and I both had fun going though and it was a super fun family outing. Hopefully many more to come throughout the summer (as long as gas prices don't spike!) And most importantly, we know the boat works!
7 comments:
ohhhh, poor Gavin! Looks like fun!! :)
So fun! Growing up we had a boat and so many memories do I have from those times. I never had a wetsuit though! The waters here are dirty and now I question how I even got in them! I loved skiing and boogie boarding- love that the kids love the water- such fun times. Can't wait to see more from this summer coming!
How fun! Your kids are so good in the water. I told Dano when we got married that we WILL own a boat....one day! It is my favorite thing to do.
Woohooo!!!!!!!
looks fun! and looks like summer has begun!!!
How fun! Summer is here, finally. Weren't we both just posting about snow???!!! I love the Mia sock post too. Classic :)
I wish we could be there to go out on the boat with you guys!
Post a Comment