Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Gavin's 2nd Birthday

I have got soooo much to catch up on. This week has been CRAZY busy and super fun...and it's not even over yet. So since I'm a little OCD myself (hmm...and I wonder where Mia gets it from?! ha, ha!) it would drive me crazy to have things out of order, so let's start with Gavin's birthday, Friday, September 11th.
***WARNING***
Picture Overload...I can't help it when it comes to birthdays though :)

Like any good mom, I got my kids McDonalds for lunch. But I'm not a SUPER cool mom, because we just went through the drive-through :) I needed something quick so I could get started on more important things, like his cake (more TIME CONSUMING, may be the more appropriate word!!!).
While there were no actual "squeals of delight" when he came down from his nap (he was first distracted by the many balloons Jared had blown up...) once he did see it he was excited - I'm not sure which was better though, the train cake, or all that candy on the cake :)

After my hours of working on that cake, I was NOT fixing dinner, so Jared's parents came over (so fun to have them in town while my kids are having birthdays!) and we headed for Cafe Rio. I'm sure if Gavin could have chosen, he would have chosen the same :) Then it was back home for some presents, cake and homemade ice cream!
Digging into his presents
A SUPER cute Melissa & Doug magnetic ABC book! I'm not sure who loves it more, him or me! Thanks Grandma & Grandpa Hastings!
Mia had the TIME of her life with these party blower things!

Gavin playing with his new train (also Melissa & Doug...I LOVE their toys!) You can see him saying, "choo-choo" - ADORABLE!

Checking out the cake (and all that candy!)


Gavin really thought it was great that there was all this candy right in front of him and no one was stopping him from having it!

Candy in the mouth

And MORE candy in the mouth!

What a cutie

A little bit about Gavin at 2...He is kind of a sensitive, tender-hearted little guy. It doesn't take much of a fall to make him cry, but as soon as he shows you where his owie is at and you give him a kiss, he's just fine.

He loves following Mia around and playing with her and when she wants to, they are great buddies.

He doesn't talk a ton, but I can see his language development picking up at a more rapid rate lately.

He loves his train, cars, and animals.

He doesn't have a soft volume to his voice - EVERYTHING comes out as a yell. Everything. And until I acknowledge him he continues to yell something over and over again! He loves his daddy and gets soooo excited when we meet up with him at church. As Jared is always up with the young men Gavin usually spends the entire sacrament yelling "Dad...Daddy...DAAADDDY....etc..."

He HATES me brushing his teeth.

He LOVE water...the bath, the pool, the lake...it doesn't matter.

His favorite movie is Finding Nemo, and although it's a little on the longer side - for a Disney movie - he will sit and watch the entire thing! He also love Elmo (what 2 year old doesn't?!) and calls both Nemo and Elmo "Melmo". I could go on and on about this sweet boy.

He is such a fun kid and we love him to death. One of my favorite things about him is that lately he has really learned how to give a great hug! When it's time for bed and he has his binkie in his mouth I will ask him for a hug and he will just squeeze his little arms around me and melt right into me! Mia still doesn't give good hugs, so I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this about him!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What a cutie!! Happy 2nd Birthday, Gavin!! What a fun day, and I love how you posted all the great stuff about this great little guy!!

Cothran Family said...

Happy Birthday Gavin! We love you big boy!