Christmas 2009: Santa threatened to not bring me anything as last years gift was still in the box!
Lucky for me, the jolly old man doesn't hold a grudge, but it did cause me to face my fear of what was in that box and finally learn how to use the darn thing!
So, while Jared's brother and his wife were recently in town I asked my SIL Meagan to teach me how to use my sewing machine. She is also prego, expecting their first (a boy) just 7 weeks after me. We had a great time looking for some cute fabrics and then getting to work!
Here are my first sewing projects. Nothing fancy. Just wanted to learn how to do a straight stitch!
Some cute burp cloths - baby's got to spit up in style, ya know!
And a large SQUARE swaddling blanket. Ever notice how a large majority of the blankets you find in the store are rectangular?! You can't swaddle a baby in a rectangle blanket, people!!!

Thank goodness you can't see all my stitches in these pictures because I really do have a lot to learn still :)
11 comments:
Sooooooooo cute! I love the fabrics you picked out.
Those are awesome!! I love it! You should check out my friends recent post about the simple things she made for our friends' new baby to be- sewing projects- I don't sew at all, but seeing all these things inspires me to someday try....for now I am too busy to learn! Love that you are though!!
Go to my blog and click on Katie- you can see her cute stuff!
Niiiiice!
Looks great! Way to go Jamie.
I'm very impressed. I can't even sew straight lines!
Those look so cute! I'm impressed and now you can teach me :)
Very cute! That's really good for your first time!
Hi! I love the dots or scroll, or the tiger print, too! They're so cute!!
Wow Jamie! I have had a sewing machine for years and still have trouble sewing a straight line! Looks like you have a gift!
Ahhh! You did SOOO awesome!
They turned out sooo cute!! Nice work!!
Post a Comment