Friday, January 8, 2010

Mia's Letter - Age 4 years, 4 months

I just love my little Mia and how much she LOVES writing and reading. It is so awesome to watch her skills in this area take off, especially since it is (and has always been) completely self-motivating. Anyway, she loves writing "lists" and many days I'm making something for dinner she gets out some paper and asks me to tell her all the ingredients so she can write them down on her list :)

About a week ago I came home to find her locked up in her bedroom and refusing to let me in until she finished her "surprise." Well, a few minutes later she came out and handed me this letter she had written me. What a cutie!
Although she did such a GREAT job, I added a translation in case it's one of those things that only a mom could read :)

9 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

That is awesome! And she writes and spells so well that I could totally understand it. She's a little star---her kindergarten teacher is going to think she's died and gone to heaven. :)

AnnalisaG said...

You do realize she's a genius, right? And I am not kidding either! What a little doll and at the same time, I bet you have your hands full with such a little smartie :).

David and Jana said...

What a smart girl! We are still working with Davy on his letters, etc. I think he is finally becoming interested in them...I hope so at least!

The Hungry Homemaker said...

Mia amazes me. I think she will be very bored in Kindergarten

Cothran Family said...

Yes, that is the work of more like a 6 year old! Looks like you guys had a wonderful holiday season.

Mauri said...

seriously?!? what a rock star she is! yea mia!

Spliz said...

that is awesome. You should frame it.

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

Umm, what did you eat when you were pregnant with her? She is so beyond her age level! My 4 year old is still working on writing his name...

Steve and Julie said...

She is brilliant! Seriously brilliant! I wonder if her mommy's early childhood education has anything to do with it? :)