This appliance can do tons of things, but I really only use it for grating cheese. If you're like me, grating cheese by hand is like the WORST job in the kitchen. With the salad shooter, a TON is done in no time. And come summer when all that zuchinni is growing like crazy, it would take me NO TIME AT ALL to grate it up and stick it in the freezer. Let's just say that this past summer I didn't freeze nearly as much because I didn't want to do it by hand!
Friday, February 5, 2010
Old Friend, How I Missed You...
9 years ago I received the most FABULOUS gift at a bridal shower. Little did I know at the time how awesome it was. And I didn't realize just how much I was in love with my Salad Shooter until a part on it broke. And for what ever reason, it took me almost a YEAR to get online and order the part.
This appliance can do tons of things, but I really only use it for grating cheese. If you're like me, grating cheese by hand is like the WORST job in the kitchen. With the salad shooter, a TON is done in no time. And come summer when all that zuchinni is growing like crazy, it would take me NO TIME AT ALL to grate it up and stick it in the freezer. Let's just say that this past summer I didn't freeze nearly as much because I didn't want to do it by hand!
Last week when the replacement part came in the mail life was once again as it should be! I think I planned my menu for the next 2 weeks based on what recipes needed grated cheese!
This appliance can do tons of things, but I really only use it for grating cheese. If you're like me, grating cheese by hand is like the WORST job in the kitchen. With the salad shooter, a TON is done in no time. And come summer when all that zuchinni is growing like crazy, it would take me NO TIME AT ALL to grate it up and stick it in the freezer. Let's just say that this past summer I didn't freeze nearly as much because I didn't want to do it by hand!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That cheese grated looks way yummier than the bags I buy at the grocery because I am too lazy to do it myself!
Love that it does other stuff too!
That is so funny, because a friend of ours (who got married in Nov. of 2000) got one for her wedding and LOVES it. I don't think they make them anymore, do they? I can't find them anywhere!
Don't worry Ashby...they are still available. Look on line...Presto Salad Shooter. It's a purchase you won't regret making :)
Post a Comment