I love birthdays. Especially mine :) And since they only come once a year, the more you can celebrate, the better. So we stretched this baby out as much as we could!
Friday morning I came home from the gym and found this:
The kids had woken up early, and with the help of Jared, decorated the house. Mia especially was sooo excited about doing this. What a cutie.
The kids and I went to Zupas for lunch. That’s right, me and 3 kids for lunch…am I crazy?! Actually, the kids were perfect at the restaurant and we enjoyed some yummy soup on a cold and SNOWY day (ya, snow on my birthday. The only part of the weekend that wasn’t perfect!).
I snapped this picture of the kids before lunch. Mia had made a birthday sign just for me!
Friday night Jared and I went out. He took me shopping for my birthday and we went out to dinner at Red Robin, which I probably haven’t eaten since I quit working there 6 years ago. It was sooo yummy and those fries were just as delicious as I remembered!
When we got home at 10:30 I went to hang out with some girlfriends for a bit (yeah, it was late, but they were still together). Seriously, perfect day – the kids were good, Zupas for lunch, fun date with Jared and then a little girl time!
Saturday afternoon we opened presents. The kids were DYING to do this!
Finally on Sunday it was time for cake and ice cream.
Jared went all out and made a triple layer chocolate and vanilla cake! I was super impressed and it was delicious!
3 comments:
Sounds like an AWESOME birthday to me!! Love that it is a huge deal at your house! Happy 32nd!!
Ok, you are going to laugh. When I saw the picture earlier (maybe on facebook?) of Mia and Gavin with your birthday sign I saw the part where it said, " We love U #32" I thought "oh, they are giving Jimmer some love!!" (he is number 32) Not until now did I realize it is because you TURNED 32, haha! Tells you where my mind is! 32 IS a lucky number:)
I totally remember you working at Red Robin! And major props to Jared on his cake baking skills. That looks yumm-o! Looks like you had the perfect birthday weekend!
Post a Comment