At the end of the school year, I was able to go on 2 field trips with Mia’s preschool class.
The first was a trip to the zoo. This was was re-scheduled 2 different times because of bad weather. When we finally did go, the weather was perfect. Much better than rain! I didn’t take too many pictures, but we had a great time seeing all the animals.
Tessa enjoyed her view from the stroller :)![]()
Gavin enjoyed the “fake” animals too; especially all the very life-like dinosaurs![]()
We even ran into Aunt Alissa and Powell, who was also there on a preschool fieldtrip! The pathetic thing was I saw Alissa first and started talking to her while Mia and Gavin where watching the tigers. When we looked over at the kids, we saw that Mia and Powell were standing RIGHT next to each other…and they weren’t even aware! We need to do a better job of seeing our cousins!!!
The giraffes are always a popular attraction!![]()
The coolest thing we saw/did was go to the live “birds of prey” show. I didn’t take any pictures because 1 – I was trying to keep a very tired Tessa happy, and 2 – I was a little nervous about these birds that were flying RIGHT over our heads. Like a few times their wings brushed the tops of our heads. CRAZY.
The 2nd fieldtrip was to Texas Roadhouse. Who knew they did a fieldtrip??? And it was pretty good. When we first got their they had sidewalk chalk and the let the kids go crazy all over the floors of the entire restaurant. I think the 2 preschool classes covered every square inch! And then they told the parents where the drink station was and to help ourselves. Sweet!
Then the kids played a peanut toss game (I only had my phone and it was kind of dark inside, so none of these are great pictures…but look at that face; she is loving this!)![]()
Then they gave each kid a yo-yo (I think maybe one of the 24 preschoolers actually knew how to use it, ha ha!) But they didn’t care. They all thought it was awesome!
After a tour around the kitchen (the guy that took the kids around was great…he was energetic and a little crazy, and perfect for a group of 4 & 5 year olds!) they fed us lunch. All of us. Even parents and siblings!
Granted, we all got a kids hot dog meal, but it was FREE. And the fries were soooo good. Unfortunately we didn’t get any of their rolls with honey butter. Boo :( But that seriously was the only “downfall” of the entire trip. Well, that and it did take quite a bit of time to get lunch out (do hotdogs really take that long???) Oh, and maybe the fact that they handed each kid a place setting with a STEAK KNIFE…But it was free and the kids all had a great time. And I had a friend watching Gavin and Tessa on this one, so it was really enjoyable for me :)
1 comment:
I can't even go to those birds of prey shows. Those birds flying everywhere would give me a heart attack! :)
Post a Comment